Ok so it is day one and here we go …
- Awake: 5am, coffee, shower and many many yawns. Forgot it was Bank Holiday and work would not be quite as busy so went back to bed with book for half an hour, well an hour!!!!
- Breakfast: Second coffee from Gordon Street Coffee, followed by 0% fat Greek yoghurt with nutty muesli, a handful blueberries and a teaspoon of honey at my desk
- Snack: Coconut (see tip of the day)
- Lunch: Homemade Veg Soup ( carrots, leeks, broccoli, onions) Note to self, buy wee flask!
- Snack: Nothing, was only thirsty
- Evening: Chicken Salad ( Chicken breast, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and a handful of toasted almonds, light dressing)
- Today’s highs: I was not hungry till about 12ish which for me is a minor miracle
- Today’s lows : First emotional surge in work, about ten ish. Silly flood of memories but it went when phone rang ( see Exercise as well)
- Exercise: PT session with GymGuyMark tonight at Western Health and Racquets Club, started on the treadmill with a steep incline for ten minutes, then onto the rowing machine, had huge emotional surge, so loud music on and rowed hard. Weights, I was a complete girl lifting 7kg from shoulder up, left arm collapsed totally. Woos! Hated sit ups. Took a lot out of me but several huge giggles helped me focus
Today was a day to focus and try out the breakfast idea GymGuyMark gave me, it worked as I felt full up. I think the planning out of my meals and shopping is going to help keep me on track for the next fourteen days.
Finally journal and notes all written up and off to do my packed lunch for tomorrow.
Good start but slightly concerned about the menopausal emotional surges, seem to be coming a lot closer together.
Tip from today courtesy of GymGuyMark
Pieces of coconut as a snack, they take ages to eat and fill you up. Tried it and it worked