Yes, Friday at last!
Many of us will be off out partying tonight trying not to misbehave in front of the Boss or embarrass yourself by dancing like a two-year old!
But what of those of staying home on Friday night, how about becoming a cocktail expert and mixing up a few lethal combinations?
A Sparkly Gin Cocktail
2 fl ozs of gin
1 sugar cube ( I like brown sugar for this)
half a lemon squeezed for the juice
Shake together the gin, sugar cube, lemon juice and ice, starin into a cocktail glass or a whisky tumbler and top up with bubbly.
My fave the Cosmo
- 35ml/1½fl oz vodka
- 15ml/½fl oz orange liqueur
- squeeze fresh lime juice
- 25ml/1fl oz cranberry juice
- twist orange peel, to garnish
- The vodka, orange liqueur, lime juice and cranberry go into a cocktail shaker, then fill with ice. Shake it baby and then strain into a cocktail glass
- If you want to show off then hold the piece of orange peel over the glass and carefully flame with a match. If you haven’t singed it to a frazzle then drop in the glass! The orange peel, not the match
Or the very yummy Chocolate Raspberry Martini
- 1 1/2 ounce raspberry vodka
- 1 ounce white creme de cacao
- Chill your ingredients beforehand. Pour them into a chilled martini glass – no need to stir or shake or anything.
- You could dust some cocoa over it or perch a raspberry on the side. I like to freeze the raspberries and float them on top
This one is delicious and very addictive, it is called a Poinsettia
a shot of Cointreau
3 fl ozs cranberry juice
Put the Cointreau and cranberry juice in a chilled champagne flute.
Stir them and top up with champers.
To make it stronger you could a shot of vodka or tequila
Or avoid alcohol all-together, replace the champagne with ginger ale. (yeh right)
And finally for you non alcohol types, a mocktail or two
A friend of mine made this once, she called it a Holly Berrie
500g strawberries, hulled
A wine glass full of cranberry juice
5 wine glasses of lemonade
Put strawberries and cranberry juice in a blender, Blend until smooth.
Pour into 4 tall glasses and top with the lemonade. Decorate with more fruit
And then a delicious Berry Punch, this is also yummy warm, just leave out the soda water
1½ litres raspberry cranberry juice
3 wine glasses soda water
1 to 2 limes, squeezed for the juice, keep the peel as a granish
1 punnet raspberries
1 punnet blueberries
1 bunch of mint, tear up
1 extra lime, thinly sliced
1 bottle ginger ale or ginger beer.
Add the whole lot into a large jug or punch bowl and watch it disappear
I have personally tried all these recipes (hic) and can vouch for them all being yummy and very very moreish
Enjoy and stay safe !