So after all the trials and tribulations of the last week, a good old gym session was definitely in order, my emotions have been put through a major cardio session recently so it was time for the body to follow suit. Time to head to The Western Health and Racquets Club to waken up the muscles and annoy the limbs! After watching the likes of Jessica Ennis and co on the telly, I was sure I would be inspired to push myself even harder, go for gold, reach for the finish line and … sorry I nearly managed to type all of that with a straight face! I have never been very good with sports people as role models, they tend to be too fit and healthy looking for me. I just want to tie them to a chair and make them eat chips.
Anyway I digress, back to the Gym,
- 12 minute power walk on the treadmill, knackered!
- Row row row your boat time, not so gently down the stream. Good support chat from GymGuyMark. Rio 2016 here I come!
- Next the bike, knees are a bit sore today after Gardner Street last night, still pushed myself but it hurt! (In a good way though)
- Film discussion about whether the Bourne books are better than the films, which John Grisham film of the book did Danny DeVito star in and what are the correct words to I Wanna Be Like You from the Jungle Book. Excellent trumpeting impression from GymGuyMark.
- Time for something a wee bit different, an exercise minus weights and machines! Best way to describe it ? It was like curtseying on speed. I have to say if GymGuyMark every gets to meet Her Maj, she would see one mean curtsey!
- Anyway, back to weights, aching arms, elbows that are screaming noooooo and shoulders that are like ‘what the f***!’ The weights were heavier than I have used before.
So after all that and nearly throwing up during sit ups, another Gym session comes to an end, and was I inspired by the Olympians?
Nah, because after that Gym session, my arms feel about ten feet longer and my legs about a foot shorter so time to walk home a la King Louie!
Oh, oobee doo
I wanna be like you
I wanna walk like you
Talk like you, too
You’ll see it’s true
An ape like me
Can learn to be human too